*Currently Not Accepting New Clients for Edits at this time.*
However, if you require a Proofreader please go here.*
Editing your manuscript is one of the most important parts of the writing process, and that’s where we come in.
Finding the right editor for your manuscript is one of the most important decisions you make as an author. The right editor understands your vision, complements your voice and style, and helps you to learn how to improve your craft. The right editor for your manuscript may be different from your peers and will probably be subject to genre specialties.
My experience is based in the darker side of fiction: thrillers, suspense, psychological thrillers, crime, and horror. I have also worked on many romance manuscripts. If you write in any of those genres, we’ll probably make a great fit!
Here’s how the process works…
1. Send me a message with the following information: your author name, book title, genre, word count, dates you have in mind for beginning and completion of the editing process, and your writing experience level.
2. I’ll get back to you asking for a sample of your work. This sample edit does two things: it lets you get a glimpse of how I edit so you can get a feel for our compatibility, and it helps me analyze whether your manuscript is ready for the editing stage.
3. If we both decide we want to move forward, we will schedule a date for you to send me your full manuscript in Microsoft Word, and I’ll give you an estimated completion date based on the content of your manuscript. A deposit of half of the total invoice is due upon receipt of your manuscript, and the other half is due when I’m ready to send it back to you.*If you need to set up a payment plan, let me know and I’ll see if we can work something out.
4. After you send your deposit, I will begin work right away on helping you polish your manuscript. I will be in close communication with you during the editing process, whether it’s to clear something up I’m confused about in your story, or to gush about how much I love your writing.
5. When I’m done, I’ll send you the second half of the invoice, and once it’s been paid, I will send your manuscript back with all my changes and comments reflected in the “Track Changes” feature on Microsoft Word.
6. I’m here for you as you go through the changes. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. If your manuscript required extensive editing, I will do a second pass after your completed edits for a fee upon request and subject to scheduling vacancies. – Cassie.
Line/Content Editing: $.009 per word* (half due as a deposit upon my receipt of your manuscript, the other half due before I send the completed edits back to you)
Line/Content Editing includes general editing (grammar, punctuation, sentence structure) as well as suggestions on story structure, content, pacing, character development, plot holes, and inconsistencies.
*Subject to change based on sample edit. IMPORTANT: We will ALWAYS agree on a price BEFORE I begin work, and that price will NOT change. The only reason edits will surpass $.009 per word is if during the sample edit, I determine your manuscript is not ready for the editing process, but you elect to proceed at a higher rate based on the amount of work required to fix your manuscript and get it to the publishing stage.